Tuesday, February 24, 2015

adult braces...

These braces have honestly been such a great thing! I don't want to say I love them...but I DO! So, to sound like a normal person, I'll make a list of things I DIDN'T love...but then I'll make a list of things i did/do love!

DO NOT LOVE

-SPRINGS. I did NOT love the couple times I had springs. At one point I had two on the bottom and I thought my mouth was going to fall off. My head ached. I didn't want to eat. Can you believe that?!!

-NEW WIRES. New wires meant progression. So I DID like that but new wires meant new positioning usually of my brackets which meant...gishy goo. I would get new sores all the time in my mouth.
video about how to use gishy goo on my youtube channel
tinyurl.com/25treehouselane

-SORES. I have had so many sores I lost count. Sometimes they were so deep. Gishy Goo was the best most refreshing relief!

-REPOSITIONING. A few different times I had brackets taken off to reposition them. I didn't like that. :( 
There was one time when i had a bracket repositioned that the bracket WOULDN'T come off. The doctor had to YANK it off. i thought my tooth came out. My jaw locked up (dang TMJ) for an hour and i had a sore on my lip inside from the stress. 

-BRUSHING. Brushing and cleaning became one of the worst things I had to do. I literally took 20 mins the first few weeks figuring out my new mouth. By the end it was closer to two or three minutes. The better my teeth got, the easier it was to clean :) these goodies helped me so much!


-EATING. Eatting was SO difficult sometimes. Like SO difficult. I haven't eaten an apple normally for almost two years. Eating a hamburger or sandwich was a night mare, too. :(



DO LOVE

 MY SMILE!!
I have PLENTY of things that were not so great about braces but MAN! the pain only lasted for a bit. and each month i could see changes. Month after month i felt my bite change in a great way. Month after Month i was more confident with my smile! I mam20 months into these things and I am getting that itchy feeling to have them removed...big time! And wearing these bad boys can be rough when you go in for a job interview.
 But, I will always be grateful and always be glad that I was able to get braces...even if i was over 30 when i got them!!







No comments:

Post a Comment